Let me first say that this album is even better than you guys can imagine from the arista medley. there is no mariah on it (thank god). it has alot of cool production and whitney really belts. it has a little bit of a live feel to it because whitney adlibs a hell of a lot for a studio album. also, the jazz comments already from the medley are interesting because the clips do not even show the real jazzy things whitney does. i only have one tiny complaint and that is that she shys away from the high notes alot. but she is definitely singing like crazy. so here is the song by song.
1. The First Noel - if you heard the clip that jayson posted, its pretty much the entire song, but obviously in the quality of the arista medley. very very good tune and an excellent start to the album. 8.5/10
2. The Christmas Song - if you guys think that you heard a good song from the clip, JUST WAIT TIL YOU HEAR THE REST!!!!! The second half of this song is absloutely amazing. she does things you would never expect and its great. this is my favorite song on the album. 10/10
3. Little Drummer Boy - Bobbi Kristina starts off the song nicely, but whitney takes it from there and really does creative things with this song (that is basically the theme for the whole album, both the lyrics, phrasing and production are sooooooo unique). bobbi comes back in the end and finishes it out real cute. this song also rocks. 9/10
4. One Wish - This sounds so much better than jayson's (obviously) and the arista clip. the beginning is soooo sweet. at the end the orchestra gets very loud and drowns wht out a bit. the end is really good though, you wont be disappointed - the end of jayson's clip wasnt the end. 9/10
5. O Holy Night - first of all, whitney doesnt sing anything in french. the song is definitely o holy night. the production on this is soooooooo good. i dont understand how the other review said up tempo, its different, but i would say "uptempo". its very soft in the beginning and then bombastic at the end. ive never heard such a powerful version. whitney really belts on this one, but changes the words to avoid the high note on the second divine. but there is plenty to make up for that!!!!!!!!! 9/10
6. I'll be home for christmas - this is just whitney and an organ and is very basic. she really sings differently on this one, holds notes and does little tricks, its cool. 8/10
7. Deck the Halls/Silent Night - we heard most of this one in the medley, but the end is very good cause she really goes to town on silent night. (oh yeah, i forgot to mention, the intros to the songs are all so welll done, thats something you couldnt tell from the medley) i love the way she jams on this one. 10/10
8. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - whitney does awesome things with this song. she changes words and the music stops and starts at this little part at the end. really really cool. also she says "happy hanukah" and "happy kwanza" in it. like this one alot 10/10
9. O Come O Come Emmanuel - can you say acapella with a group of do-woppers backing her up and some snapping going on? its really good. she sings really well on this one. i enjoyed it alot. 8.5/10
Who would imagine a King and Joy to the World are the same as the ones weve already heard. there werent any bonus tracks on the promo cd. so thats about it, i hope i gave just the right amount of info that you guys who wanted info were looking for. i also hope i didnt spoil too much.